Syllabus Middle School Film Class
Introduction to Film Production
Instructor- Chhay Mam
This course offers an introduction to the fundamental elements and processes of film production. It will focus on the qualities of the films and images as a 2-dimension visual art form. Additionally, students will be introduced to acting, dancing, lighting, screenplay writing, and video production sound. Students will work in digital video and edit in Davinci Resolve 17 or Final Cut Pro. All necessary equipment will be provided by Tacoma Public Library and SHA. Students may also use their own gears and software to complete assignments outside of class time.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create a digital short film project;
- Have a basic understanding of film pre-production, production, and post-production;
- Have a basic knowledge of common terms in cinematic language.
Group process and collaboration are essential parts of this course. Attendance is a must!
Week 1 – Introduction Week (1/1/2021 to 11/12/2021)
- Short Film: Never Ever Steal A Book
- Ice Breaker – Yes Game?
- What is Visual Story Telling?
- True Grit: Intro to Visual Storytelling
- Visual Storytelling: Show Don’t Tell
- Intro to Video: Where is Matt Video
Week 2 – Introduction Week (11/16/2021 to 11/19/2021)
Where is Matt Parody
- Intro To Davinci Resolver 17
Week 3 – Short week Week (11/22/2021 to 11/26/2021)
- Finish Where is Matt Video
- Watch Short Film
Week 4 – Introduction Week (11/29/2021 to 12/03/2021)
- Intro to Movie Audio: Foley
- Finish Where is Matt
- Intro to storyboarding